Saturday, November 17, 2007

Brevard, North Carolina (USA)

Recently some friends of mine from America went fly fishing in the North Mills River near the city of Brevard, North Carolina. Brevard is located about 1 hour North of Greenville, South Carolina in the Pisgah National Forest.

The North Mills River is a delayed harvest river for late season fishing. It was featured on FlyFishMagazine.com. Click on the link below for more information.
My friends (and co-workers) Dave and Tim were kind enough to send me a few pictures of their trip. Here is Tim with a nice Brown trout. It was caught using a 5 weight, 8'-6" rod with a #22 red zebra nymph.
Here is a close-up of a beautiful Rainbow. This rainbow is quite different looking than the ones I am used to seeing in Japan.
Tim has agreed to send some more photographs from their trip and I will add them to this page later. These guys are both skilled anglers and I am looking forward to fishing with them when I move back to the US.


Anyone else who would like to share their fly fishing pictures are welcome to email them to me. Also, please let me know if it is ok to post them on my blog or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment